Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Wikipedia, Appendix A
This document is a part of the document Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Wikipedia* (*But Were Afraid to Ask).
Here is the list of interesting documents related to Wikipedia (in alphabetical order). Note that not all humorous pages belong in this list. For example, article like 2005 Britannica takeover of Wikimedia is an April Fool’s Day news which is made for fun. Such document maybe consist some level of social critics, but it’s purpose is not such critics. This is the place for documents which are interesting and/or funny, which goal is to make some social analysis and/or critics and, of course, which consist such analysis or critics.
- 1984 (very interesting self-critics 😉 )
- Assume bad faith
- Astronomer vs. Amateur
- Be Afraid
- Megalomaniacal point of view
- Similarities and differences between Debian and Wikipedia
- Similarities in philosophy and evolution of projects (Wikipedia and free software projects)
- There is only cabal if you want to be one
- Wikipedia is an MMORPG
- Wikipedia is not therapy shows how, actually, Wikipedia may be used in therapy (essay is not written as a joke).
- Who, Why?
You may help
- Find links, make your own analysis, critics, satire, parody… And send it to me (as a comment or via email).